What is a Cookie and What is it Used For?
A cookie is a file kept on your computer by the websites you have visited. Cookies aim that users use a website more efficiently. It enables provision of personalized web pages in order to ensure a more convenient and faster browsing experience suiting to your personal needs. This file stores information about your website navigation. The devices you access will remember your data when you visit the website again, using the information kept in that file. Therefore, cookies are necessary and important for the users to navigate websites more effectively and easily. In addition, cookies are used on our website and third party websites so that we can offer services, products or offers that are more suitable for you. While these technologies can be various data acquisition tools that automatically collect information about your access and use for our website each time you visit it, they can also be used when data is collected by third parties operating on our behalf and on our account. These technologies we use are employed to improve our website, to make it useful, effective and secure. Cookies, flash cookies and analytical cookies are among the examples of these technologies.
Main Purposes of Using Cookies
- Improving the services offered to you in order to increase the functionality and performance of the website,
- Betterment of the website, offering new features on the website and customizing the features offered in accordance with your preferences,
- Requirement for certain statistical data in order to use the website more effectively,
- Collecting information about your browsing and usage preferences and habits specific to the website you are visiting,
- Requirement for your personal data such as your IP address in order to fulfill legal and contractual obligations, especially those stipulated by Law No. 5651 Regulating the Broadcasts Made on the Internet and Combating Crimes Committed Through These Broadcasts and the Regulation on the Procedures and Conditions Regarding the Regulation of Broadcasts Made on the Internet.
What Kind of Data Do We Process With Cookies?
We use the cookies for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the use of the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates, customizing the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş. and its Affiliates and our products further in line with your interests and needs;
- Remembering your navigation and usage preferences during your visit to the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates,
- To ensure proper operation of the various features and functions of the websites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates,
- Collecting general information about our website, which are not of personal nature, such as the most clicked links, the most visited pages, the number of error messages displayed, with regard to how the sites of Erciyes Anadolu Holding A.Ş and its Affiliates are used by the visitors, and analyzing such information to make the faulty pages functional, improving our website, removing or improving the pages that are not preferred,
- Identifying your identity with the data we collect through cookies, profiling specific to you or tracking your activities on websites other than the site.
- The cookies installed on your computer or the information obtained are used for statistical analysis or security measures. None of your personal data is collected through cookies. Cookies are not used for purposes other than those specified in this Policy, and all related actions are conducted in accordance with the Law on Protection of Personal Data No. 6698.
Cookies can be classified in various ways:
Cookies can be classified in various ways:
These cookies are used to log the user's visit as sessions and do not collect data from the user. The cookie is deleted when the user closes the visited web page or remains inactive for a certain period of time.
These cookies are cookies that are stored in your browser and remain valid until they are deleted by you or until their expiry date.
These cookies are essential for the website to function properly. These cookies are required to manage the system and to prevent fraudulent transactions, and the website will not function if they are blocked. These cookies are used for purposes such as remembering your preferences, using the website effectively, optimizing the website to respond to your requests and they contain data about how you use the site.
Functional and Analytical Cookies
These cookies are used for purposes such as remembering your preferences, using the website effectively, optimizing the website to respond to your requests and they contain data about how you use the site. Due to their nature, these types of cookies can contain your personal data. For instance, cookies that save your website display language preference are functional cookies. Analytical cookies are cookies that ensure generation of analytical results such as number of visitors to the website, detection of the pages viewed on the website, hours of visits to the website, scrolling movements of the website pages.
Tracking cookies are first- and third-party cookies created during your visit to our website and the third-party domain names. These cookies make it possible to track your clicking and visiting history in the domain names where they were created and to match these records between different domain names. These types of cookies are used for the purpose of recognizing and profiling the users, targeting the advertising and marketing activities and customizing the content. These cookies will not be used to identify your identity or to make decisions on behalf of you.
How Can You Control Cookies?
You can control or delete the cookies as you wish. You can delete the cookies already on your computer and prevent saving/embedding of cookies in most web browsers. However, please remember that you may not be able to access some of our features if you delete cookies and prevent future cookies from being downloaded to your computer.
Most internet browsers allow you to do the following:
- Viewing and deleting saved cookies.
- Blocking third-party cookies.
- Blocking cookies from certain sites.
- Blocking all cookies.
- Deleting all cookies when you close the web browser.
Information is provided below regarding the steps to follow to block usage of cookies on different internet browsers:
- 1. Open the desktop and tap or click the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
- 2. Tap or click the Tools button and Internet options.
- 3. Tap or click the Privacy tab, then move the slider located under Settings upwards and tap or click the OK button to block all cookies.
- 1. Open Chrome on your computer.
- 2. Click More Settings in the top right.
- 3. Click Advanced at the bottom.
- 4. Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings.
- 5. Click Cookies.
- 6. Under "All cookies and site data", search for the name of the website.
- 7. Click the Remove icon to the right of the website.
- 1. Click the Firefox Menu button and select Options.
- 2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the History section.
- 3. Change the Firefox setting to use custom settings for history.
- 4. Click the Show cookies… button. The Cookies window will appear.
- 5. Type the name of the site cookies of which you want to delete in the Search: field. Cookies matching your search will be displayed.
- 6. Select the cookie(s) you want to delete and click the Delete selected button.
- 7. Close the Cookies window by clicking the Close button. Then close the about:preferences page.
- 1. Choose Safari> Preferences.
- 2. Click Privacy.
- 3. Click Website Data
- 4. Select one or more websites and then click Delete or Delete All.